There are certain furniture pieces that are typically used as centerpoints of a given room, and sofas in living rooms are a great example. The right sofa can completely transform a living room’s aesthetic, serving as a central seating location and one that defines the entire look and feel of the space.
At Guild Hall Home Furnishings & Accessories, we’re proud to offer a wide range of sofas and sectionals among our selection of fine living room furniture in Salt Lake City. In addition, we provide expertise and assistance to clients in many areas, from full-scale interior design services to simple tips and advice. Down these lines, what are some tips we typically offer our clients on selecting the ideal sofa for their living room space? This two-part blog series will go over several factors.
One of your first big decisions here will be to determine the type of sofa you want in your living room. There are numerous different sofa types to consider, including:
- Armless Sofa: A single seating area with arms on three sides and an open back is the most traditional option.
- Modular Sectional: This multi-piece configuration can be assembled in a variety of different ways to form numerous seating arrangements.
- Recliners: These pieces typically feature lounging surfaces with built-in recliners, serving as a popular option for casual living room setups.
- Rocking Chair: This type of sofa is ideal for relaxation in your living room space, offering the comfort of movement with each use.
- Sleeper Sofa: Ideal for rooms where people often stay overnight, this piece rolls out to reveal an additional seating location for guests.
- Storage Sofa: These pieces typically feature built-in storage space, offering a convenient solution to clutter in the home.
Which of these you choose will depend on several factors, including your available space and the architecture of your living room.
The frame is another key factor in determining which sofa you select for your living room, as it offers a rigid support system that will help ensure comfortable seating at all times. Speak to our staff about the various frame options you have available and how to consider them.
In addition to the type of sofa you’re considering, you should also think about the common uses this sofa will take on. If your family will be spending lots of time lounging on this sofa, for example, look for a piece with extra padding and more comfortable materials. If you have children or pets that tend to spill things on furniture surfaces, opt for a piece that’s easier to clean and maintain instead.
For more on choosing the ideal sofa for your living room, or to learn about any of our sofas, sectionals or other fine home furniture options in Salt Lake City, speak to the staff at Guild Hall Home Furnishings & Accessories today.